Almost 5 million resubmit applications for cash handouts with fresh evidence

News

The government’s Bt5,000 handout campaign will allow approved applicants to forfeit their right to receive the cash, Lavaron Sangsnit, director-general of Fiscal Policy Office and Ministry of Finance spokesman, said on Friday (April 24). 

“The ‘forfeit my right-hand’ button will be added to the website www.เราไม่ทิ้งกัน.com, which is used to register for receiving the handout,” he said. “We are providing this option for approved applicants who do not wish to receive the money in case of death, or being state enterprise employees who are already entitled to other government sponsored benefits.” 

The campaign is providing qualified citizens whose livelihoods have been affected by the Covid-19 outbreak of Bt5,000 a month for three months. To be eligible, candidates must be Thai nationals aged over 18, be self-employed, freelance or non-permanent employees who are not insured under social security. 

Handouts of approved registrants might be confiscated if it is later proved that they did not fit the criteria or had already received government-sponsored benefits. They could also face charges of using forged information in violation of Computer-related Crime Act BE 2550 (2007). 

Lavaron added that so far over 28.8 million people had registered to receive the handouts, while the ministry has disbursed the first month’s handouts to over 6.8 million approved applicants. 

“There are also 6.3 million individuals who were not considered for the handouts but who can apply for reconsideration,” he added. “We provide the second opportunity for disqualified persons to make their cases by submitting additional documents to confirm that they fit the criteria. To date, 4.8 million people have presented new evidence and we will begin the review process as soon as we can. 

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386753

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *